NaNoWriMo is Go

About a week ago on Twitter, CCP Fallout mentioned something called NaNoWriMo, asking if any of the Tweetfleet were participating. At that time, I had no idea what this meant so I consulted the great god Google, discovered National Novel Writing Month and my interest was piqued.

NaNoWriMo is a clever initiative designed to encourage would-be novel writers to get over their fears and actually write. There are no real prizes for 'winning' beyond the satisfaction of knowing that you've successfully written a novel.

To cut a long story short (there's a pun there somewhere), I'm going to attempt to churn out the required 50,000 words or more by the end of November. I signed onto the NaNoWriMo website as Seismic Stan as I originally intended to write an EVE-related story, but that has been put on the back-burner in favour of a different idea.

Despite the non-EVE theme, I thought it would be worth mentioning here for two reasons. Firstly, to give advance warning that Freebooted blogposts might be a bit thin on the ground in November as the novel will require an average 1,667 words per day. Secondly, because I could always do with more support and encouragement. So if you enjoyed any of my previous EVE-inspired short stories here on Freebooted ('Meat Salvage', 'Bastard!', 'The Final Blow' and 'Social Clones'), please support/heckle me throughout November on Seismic Stan's NaNoWriMo page.

Wish me luck.